Some of the following files are pdf files. Viewing them requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge. If you have any trouble downloading the files, please email email@example.com or call 520-883-3021.
- General Sonoran Desert Information
- Desert Museum Research
- Sonoran Desert Information for Kids
- ASDM Press - Books for Kids
- Digital Library - Student Research and Interactives
Self-Guided Visit Preparation Video
Help your students prepare for their field trip by showing them this short video, which explains what they will see and learn at the Museum, what the Museum environment will be like and how to behave to get the most out of their visit. Please share this link with your chaperones as well.
Teacher Information Packets for Self-Guided Visits
These contain background information on the Sonoran Desert as well as preparatory materials & activities to use with your class. These materials are designed to use with class field trips. All activities correspond to Arizona Academic Science Standards.
Designed to be used by students during their visit to the Desert Museum.
- Kindergarten through 2nd grade
- Grades 3-5 (600 KB download)
- NEW: Biomimicry Scavenger Hunt (Grades 4-12)
- Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12 (for Students)
- Grades 9-12 (for Chaperones)
Teacher Packets for Classes, Labs, and Amphitheater Programs
Sample pre and post program materials - additional materials available soon.
- A Walk in the Desert
- All About Bats
- Amphibians and Reptiles
- Arizona Minerals Lab
- Arizona Rocks and Minerals
- Bat Research Simulation Lab
- Creatures of the Night
- Desert Reptiles
- Desert Waters
- Design by Nature
- Exploring Adaptations
- Feathered Friends
- Hunters and Hunted
- Plant and Animal Partners
- Saguaro Tales
- Sonoran Supermarket
- Threatened and Endangered Species
- Web of Life
- Who Dung It?
If your Desert Discovery Class or Lab's Teacher Information Packet is not listed here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.