ASDM Press Submission Guidelines
Please note: The ASDM Press has suspended new acquisitions indefinitely. If you would like to submit a book proposal, we will keep it on file and consider it when our acquisitions activities resume. Thank you for your interest in the ASDM Press.
The following items should be addressed in your book proposal or in the cover letter that accompanies your manuscript submission:
- Author's name, address, telephone numbers, faxes, email address.
- For children's books and other heavily-illustrated work: illustrator's name, address, telephone numbers, email address.
- Working title of manuscript.
- Describe your book. What is your purpose in writing it? What will be its significant contribution or features?
- Who, in your opinion, is the primary audience for your book?
- How does your book fit in with the books already published by the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Press? Is it appropriate for one of our series?
- Have books been published recently that are similar to yours? What makes yours different?
- How will the book be organized? Include a table of contents if one is available.
- Is the entire manuscript now available for review? If not, how much remains to be completed? Include a representative sample of your work, such as a chapter (if the introduction or the preface is available, please be sure to include that).
- Have any parts of the book been previously published?
- Do you intend to apply for any publication grants/awards, or for underwriting?
- Manuscripts or proposals should be submitted on 8 1/2"x 11" paper, double-spaced typed, unbound (no staples, binders), and paginated. Email submissions are also acceptable, but please submit them in MS Word and assure that any illustrations or figures are either in separate files or embedded properly in the Word document.
- In your cover letter, be sure to provide the total number of double-spaced manuscript pages and the number of tables, maps, and photos.
- If your manuscript is accepted, it must be available electronically and will ultimately need to be submitted as an MS Word file.
- If you have images, all submitted photos and art need to be high-resolution (300dpi TIFFS for photos; 600 dpi for line art) and excellent quality.
Please send your material, including a current vitae or resumé in cases of scientific manuscripts, to: Roxane Ramos, ASDM Press Manager, Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, 2021 North Kinney Road, Tucson, AZ 85743. Email submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like any printed materials you've sent returned, please be certain to indicate this in your cover letter. Thank you for your interest in publishing with the ASDM Press.